By admin | April 13, 2008
To permanently delete your MySpace account follow the steps below:
1. Clicking “Home” in the top navigation menu from any MySpace web page.
2. From your personal home page, click the “Edit Profile” link on top of your profile picture, next to your URL (on the left hand side of the page near the top).
3. From your “Profile Edit” page, click the “Account Settings” link, found on the right hand side of the page near the top.
4. On the “Settings: Account” page, scroll to the very bottom where you can see the “Account Cancellation” section. Click the “Cancel Account” link.
5. On the next page you will be asked to confirm that you want to cancel your account. Click on the “Cancel My Account” button.
6. You will be asked to leave some comments as to why you want to cancel your account. You can ignore this if you like but below that space you are asked to cancel your account again. So, go ahead and click on the “Cancel My Account” button again.
7. Now go check your email account – the one you had registered with MySpace. Open the email from MySpace Admin and click on the link provided.
8. You will be presented with another button to click on “Cancel My Account”. They really give you every opportunity to change your mind, don’t they?
9. Now you are presented with a message saying that the account should be gone within 48 hours.
Congratulations for freeing up 3 hours a day of your life.